Wednesday, October 3, 2007

threw some money into the change jar today....

$3. matter of fact lol. It's a good start. Dh mentioned that he had a bit of extra money in his pocket, I asked him if he had any change that he could put into the change jar and that was the amount he had. A very pleasant surprise! :).

He had $20 on him as part of his gas money plus the change and I asked him if he could start putting his change into the change jar which he was more than happy to do. He doesn't need to put it all in, it is nice for him to have some pocket change so that he doesn't feel totally deprived. If we start feeling deprived then I find that really defeats the purpose of trying to be frugal and get ahead.

Because we are going back to paying cash for groceries etc opposed to using our debit bank card we should notice a difference once again with our change jar. It is a step in the right direction.

I am challenging my dh and myself to keep it up! :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

With regards to saving change, I love to watch the "change jar" fill up. And I really like to count it even better!!

Surprising how fast it accumulates!

Heather said...

I am really excited to watch it grow too :).

We use to do this and every 2 or 3 months we would take the family out for a buffet dinner,most times we wouldn't even wait to have enough for juice etc to have with our meal, we would just drink water and we had so much fun lol.

I am not sure what we will use this change for this time around though, I am thinking maybe the emergency fund as we need to get that back up and running :)