Wednesday, October 3, 2007

2 More days until Dhs payday

And it is basically gone already! It will be 2 more weeks after that until his next pay so I need to really and I mean really get my frugal mind ticking here.

I have to get my plan into action. Dhs pay is $916, we also have $118.86 in our bank account so the total right now is $1034.86.

What we need to pay "out" this Friday is $873.14 mortgage, $45.75 medication, $40 for a week of gas. The total is $958.89 which leaves us left with $75.97

We will need another weeks worth of gas so another $40. Now I am down to $35.97.

I need to go through our pantry etc and work with that for meals and snacks. We also have our Thanksgiving this upcoming weekend along with a few vegetables, I will take $15 out of that. We are now down to $20.97 left for the two weeks.

I will list either this evening or tomorrow what we have in our pantry,fridge, and freezer and see what I can come up with for meals and what I will need for any extras to buy out of the money left like eggs for example. We just moved so I have not had a chance to get my stockpile going so we are pretty low.

By Gosh, we are back to living from Pay to Pay to get caught up. We can do this! I know we can :)

4 comments:

Lynnae said...

You can do it! I hate weeks like that, but I'm finding that you can really make pantry meals stretch.

Heather said...

Thanks Lynnae :), You just put the biggest smile on my face :). I think I can do it too, I pretty much have no choice and with great supportive comments like you just gave me well, the sky is the limit! :)

Kacie said...

You can do it! I'm working with a $35/week grocery budget myself (or at least, I'm trying to).

I recently discovered all the great deals that can be had at CVS and Rite Aid. I've been getting a lot of free stuff, and that really helps my dollar go further!

Heather said...

Thanks Kacie :), I am just going over which foods I have on hand to at least see what I can make for suppers. I have 11 days to go until I get paid from the school :)

I am going to do up a quick post on what I come up with .