Wednesday, October 24, 2007

If I Were Debt Free........

I meant to have this post typed up a couple of days ago, ugh, with work and a few other occurances I havn't had a chance to get on line. Lynnae whose blog is being frugal Tagged me to write a post on "If I were Debt Free" :)

Dh and I were debt free except for the mortgage and we actually weren't doing too badly however, "things" happen and now we have a few debts to pay. One thing about having this new debt, is that it has helped me to rethink on a few obligations. Having already lived without debt (again, besides the mortgage) I am even more determined to go without in order get back to our previous way of living.

So,when we are debt free (which is a given :)) Dh and I will be focusing on:

(1) Getting our emergency fund back up and running, We will be aiming for 6 months of living expenses to begin with.

(2) Fully fund our Freedom Account

(3) Dividing all of our money left over each month after our regular bills are paid in full, we include putting money into our retirement fund as a regular bill. Our money will be divided into (a) paying down the mortgage (b)putting money aside for our girls education (c) a new to us car fund (we really do not want car payments of any kind :) ) (d) vacation money to visit our friends and family once a year.

That is what we will be doing......we might revamp this a bit but this is pretty much written in stone for now :)

No comments: