Friday, October 5, 2007

Frugal Doings

Well, today I am making 2 loaves of homemade bread along with a pan of a dozen rolls. As I mentioned we are going to be extra tight with our $ for the next couple of weeks. To help save money on groceries I will be making our bread opposed to buying it at $1.59 a loaf.

Yeast here is expensive, we get a small jar and it is almost $5. To help me save on having to buy yeast as I will be making breads,hotcross buns,pizza and whatever else needs yeast in a recipe, I will be making a recipe called ever lasting yeast to save on having to buy more over the next 2 weeks. I have made this before and it is wonderful! The only thing in which I did find however is that once you use it you will have to replenish it with more potato water but considering we have potatoes about 2 times a week we should be fine.

Well, that is my frugal doings for today :)

No comments: