Sunday, October 14, 2007

Possible Job Loss For Dh

Well today has not been the greatest day to say the least. Dh might not have a job. I will know more this afternoon I guess.

If this happens, we will have to sell the investment property which is a house that my parents are living in. I had to call my mom and tell her to give her fair warning on the situation. It might not come to that but I have a feeling that it will.

If we do end up selling, we will pay out our debts, help my parents get settled, put money aside in an emergency fund and keep a bit to help us live until dh gets another job.

I don't think that it will take long to sell as the price will be right for a quick sale.

Maybe us having to live extra frugal these last couple of weeks was Gods way of getting us started so that the transition wouldn't be so hard on us. We are eating so much better and with me walking to work and all I have lost a total of 4 pounds over the past couple of weeks :).

The kids are eating healthier too.I had bought bag of apples not too long ago, just the regular ones which the kids in the past would never think of eating, well, they have been eating them to snack on! My dd 16 said how much she is enjoying drinking juice now too lol. They are also not being so picky at meals, they said at one point there is nothing to eat in this house, I told them there was plenty, they just need to not be so picky and eat the cornflakes for breakfast, have toast with cheesewhiz or peanut butter etc....experiment with the veggies, pop some popcorn for a snack in our air popcorn machine and eat all of their supper. My kids all have different tastes but they really are now eating and enjoying certain foods that they would have passed on in the past. We all love the whole wheat in our bread which I have been making too.

Signing off....

No comments: