Thursday, December 27, 2007

Glazed Pork Chops



This is a Superrrrrr easy and delish way to do up pork chops. It is a recipe from my "Cooking For The Rushed" cook book by Sandi Richard.

Glazed Pork chops

8 pork chops medium thickness, boneless and trimmed (approx 700 g)

Preheat oven to broil. Place pork chops on a broiler pan. Broil just until white in color. Remove the chops from the oven and flip them cooked side down. Turn oven down to 350 F on bake.


These amounts are per chop:

1/2 tsp prepared mustard
1 tsp. brown sugar
1/8 tsp each of cinnamon and basil

Spread each pork chop thinly with the following in this order:1/2 tsp prepared mustard, 1 tsp.brown sugar, 1/8 tsp each of cinnamon and basil.

Return the chops to oven at the lower temperature and bake.

=========================================================================

I usually just quickly fry mine up till almost cooked and then spread the mixture on each chop, pop them in the oven and they are usually ready to eat in about 25 to 30 minutes. Broiling them would be much healthier though.

6 comments:

kbeeps said...

YUM! That sounds great - thanks!

Heather said...

Your Welcome! :).

you know though, I don't measure the mustard etc...I just go by my eye. Also for the cinnamon and basil I just through on a "pinch" for each pork chop.

I already have my chops thawing for tonights supper lol.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say Happy New Year and God Bless in 2008...

Louise said...

that sounds so simple eeven I could do it!
I am the only one who eats pork so next time I have it I will try this.

Heather said...

Thanks Dawn :). Here's looking at 2008 :).

Louis, you are going to love the flavour of those pork chops!They really are easy too :).

Canadian Saver said...

I have this cookbook in my collection, but I'd never tried this recipe... thanks for posting about it, sounds great!