Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Our January Goals





You know, I thought about making goals for the whole year of 2008 but then I decided to just make up a list of goals as each new month approaches.At the end of 2008 I will go through each month and see how we did. I have so many "Big" plans for our families finances among Frugal goals. I am not going to overwhelm ourselves either but only list 2 or 3 each month.

For the month of January:

(1) Start paying down our mortgage with biweekly accelerated payments.

(2) make a double payment on our credit card.

(3) make a menu plan each monday for the week and stick to it.

I think that the hardest ones will be #2 and #3. I already know that dh will be calling the mortgage company tomorrow to have the mortgage payments changed so that goal is pretty much a given. I still wanted to list it however as come years end it will be nice to review on the changes we will have made by then.

Anyone out there care to join me each month with their goals? We can at the end of each month review how we all did together :).

Editing to add that we have accomplished with changing our mortgage to biweekly! YAY GO US :), the other two goals still working on UGH.

2 comments:

Louise said...

good idea to change the mortgage payment, it saves a lot in the long run, I can do 1 & 2 but I am hopeless on menu planning, can never stick to it,

Heather said...

We could share our goals or you could pick your own goals or even mix and match our goals :). Maybe you could give me some ideas lol.

I had made up a menu plan for yesterday right up through to Sunday but I ended up having the turkey pot pie and salad tonight as I wasn't feeling that great yesterday.

So, I am one day behind on that so far for this week. Menu planning is hard that is for sure.I will skip the beef barly soup that I was supposed to have tonight and continue my menu for thursday.....I hope! lol