Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Menu Planning





I need to get more motivated with a menu plan. I am finding that it isn't that we eat out alot or even order take-out but I am leaving it to the last minute on what we are having for supper on any given day. I have been so bad lately, it is to the point my kids will say "Mom, what's for supper tonight?" My response is for them to give me 5 to 10 minutes to think on it. Not every night do I go through this but lately it seems like at least 3 to 4 nights out of the week. I end up usually whipping up spaghetti,soup and grilled cheese, kraft dinner with hotdogs etc... It isn't so terrible as I usually have a big dinner 3 nights out of a given week. I usually have our salad in the fridge and if not I haul out the pickles and some bread to go with whatever we are having. I just need to get organized in this department to make my life a little bit easier :).

We had of course our turkey dinner today and I have Tonsssssss of turkey left. So I have decided tonight that for the rest of the week:

Wednesday: turkey pot pie with caesar salad.
Thursday : Beef Barely soup with homemade rolls.
Friday : Glazed Pork chops with rice and green beans.
Saturday : Grilled cheese with home fries and dill pickles.
Sunday : Ham slices, mashed whipped potato and corn.

I want to start this upcoming Monday with a weekly menu plan. I will be freezing leftover turkey for future meals and tomorrow I will be doing up my turkey broth for future soups and gravies.

3 comments:

kbeeps said...

I really need to get back to menu planning. Sometime today or tomorrow I'm going to go through the freezer and see what all is in there, so I know what I have to work with!

Hey - how do you make your glazed pork chops?

Heather said...

Karen, lets keep each other accountable ok? lol.

I will post the glazed pork chops for you, super easy! :)

Making Cents of Debt said...

Menu planning is always my biggest problem. Your menu looks fantastic and your preplanning with leftovers is great. I'll be joining you on that goal shortly!