Thursday, December 27, 2007

Already Foiled Up My Menu Plan For This Week.



Yup, yesterday I wasn't feeling that great so I didn't cook up the turkey pot pie with ceasar salad but we did have it tonight and ohhhhhhhh but was it good!

I will not be having the beef barley soup as that was supposed to be schedualed for this evening so I will just carry on with the menu plan and have Fridays Glazed Pork chops with rice and green beans. It is quick, tastes great and super easy too....I love those kind of meals lol.

I can always add the beef barely soup either in next weeks menu plan or the week after.

I am going to wait for Saturdays flyers to see what is onsale next week for loss leaders and work around that for our meals.

For my turkey pot pies I used my left over gravy from Christmas dinner, cut up about 3 cups of turkey, added a can of peas and carrots, and I boiled up some potato I cubed up. I didn't cook the potato all the way as it cooked in the potpie while in the oven and I didn't want the potato overcooked. I did cheat with the pie crust, dh picked up some already made at the store which was nice since my pie crust is always a bit thicker than store bought. I should have made a biscuit mix instead I suppose to save money that is always good too.

Anyhow, I have an extra cooked potpie to freeze not to mention that while I was throwing everything together I ended up with a turkey mixture for another future potpie lol,. I will be freezing the rest of the turkey this evening for a future casserole, turkey soup and of course making up the broth for the soup and gravies.

My freezer in my fridge is getting stocked that is for sure between that and the meats onsale I have picked up over the past month or so.

No comments: