Friday, December 21, 2007

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind

I am skimming through this book right now, I will read it through after the holidays.

I found really interesting however on page 98 of the book where the author T.Harv Eker wrote this; I'm sure you've heard the saying "Birds of a feather flock together." Did you know that most people earn within 20 percent of the average income of their closest friends?

The friends dh and I have made over the years are actually within 20% of our income range. Just about all of our friends we have met through work.

Does anyone else find this to be true? There are exceptions of course but all in all the authors choice of words really hit home with me.

I do have a close friend with whom I went to school with and for years where you saw one you saw the other lol. My friend is doing quite well financially, and she associates with the wealthy. Dh and I lived in the same city as my friend for a couple of years and I met alot of wealthy people through my friend.One thing that sticks in my mind is that noone ever mentioned the cost of anything, like for example, I bought this new car and it cost x amount of $. Oh, look at this new watch, I paid x amount of $ for it.

I was treated with the uppermost respect. I am ashamed however to admit that I did have a feeling of nervousness in the beginning if that makes sense, I was going out of my comfort zone.People are people, however when it comes to money it seems to change ones thoughts on this subject.

No comments: