Saturday, December 8, 2007

Our Staff Christmas Party

Well, the Christmas party for my work was a hoot! I got home at 4:30a.m. There were 9 of us gals and we all went dressed in our P.J's and ended up playing hide and go seek through the whole first floor of the school. I honestly didn't think that at age 42 I would ever have so much fun playing a game in which I havn't played since I was a kid lol. We had a beef fondu,salad,french bread,rice,and veggies with dip. For dessert we had an ice cream log cake. Our party started at 7pm so that was a total 9 1/2 hours of fun fun fun. I havn't actually laughed that hard in a very long time. We played a couple of other games,listened to Christmas songs, chit chatted away and took our time opening our gifts. I can't believe how quickly the time went. Oh, did I mention we also did karaoke? lol.

I received for my gift handmade oven mitts, an apron and an egg timer. I soooooo needed those things as I had been using my tea towels to take out my baking etc from the oven.I did have pot holders but I can't even find them now, I am baffled to where they would be.I have never owned an apron and I love to bake and the kitchen timer I wanted so I could start timing myself when cleaning etc, like they do on flyladys website.

Dh will be gone tomorrow for a week. He has to go to Toronto for his work. I should have quite a few no spend days for sure! Today I will be gasing up the car and picking up a few things to tie us over until next Saturday.

No comments: