Monday, December 3, 2007

Well, We Didn't Put Extra Money On The Cedit Card, UGH!

For starters, we live on a snow belt and dh couldn't keep up with the snow so we ended up paying our snowplow guy earlier than planned which totalled $300 for the year. We are actually having our third storm of the season right now although this one is mega bad. Everything is shut.

Couldn't find Samanthas boots from last year so spent $91 there.I picked up lots of extra groceries as I wanted to stock up in case of a power outage so I "gulp" spent an extra $200 there. Food is expensive here not to mention we do not have double or triple coupons. Although I did go overboard and there are no "buts".

I keep thinking of the ice storm in which our province had in 1998. We didn't live here then but alot of people went without power for weeks.We have been hearing on the radio lately that this winter will be the coldest in 15 years not to mention the most snow in about 15 years as well.

The school lunch fees I still also need to pay which everyone pays regardless whether you children stay at school over lunch or not, unless you live right by the school.

Guess I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that I should have paid the credit card as soon as we got the extra money as I did with funding our baby emergency fund. At least we have that.

I feel like I have failed , at least this time around, however, when I fall off I "Will" hop back on :).

So, back to the drawing board!

2 comments:

kbeeps said...

Hey - I hardly call stocking up to take care of your family in the face of a potential weather emergency failing!

Silly Bee... :-)

You're doing GREAT, and don't ever try to tell yourself otherwise (unless of course you go out and blow a whole bunch of money on completely frivolous items that you have no business buying. Then I'll be happy to kick your hind end for you!).

Anonymous said...

There is something about the elements that bring out that pioneer woman that will take care of her loved ones, in me too!
I know how you feel about the snow storms.
Living in Iowa, we have had our share of terrible ones too.
My family also has lived through the horrible flood of 1993 that we had to wade out of our neighborhood in chest high water.
The boys were 6yrs and 9yrs at the time... had to carry the little one.
It was scary and ruined so many homes in our neighborhood.
It came up our basement stairs and surrounded our home, but missed our first floor by literally an inch.
(Our house sat up on a bit of a hill that saved it).
Anyway lady ... you are doing just fine.
Sometimes we have choices to make. There is not always one right answer for every decision.
You did what you had to do.
Just keep plugging away and don't get so down on yourself.
Your doing just fine :-)