Thursday, January 3, 2008

Back To Funding The Baby Emergency Fund to $1000

A few weeks ago we received an electric bill of almost $500 for a balance left owing on the house we sold prior to moving in Sept. I had received the same bill around the middle of Oct and thought it was a mistake as I had paid close to that in August just before moving.I was sure that dh called them as the electric bill is in his name so they will not discuss it with me (even though I am the one who sends off the payments ugh!) Well, aparently we did owe that money because we recieved another bill in December, dh called them and yes they confirmed that we did infact owe that amount.

So, what do I do???? Instead of taking the exact amount out of the emergency fund to pay it I ended up taking out $900 and leaving only a balance of $100 in there. I paid the hydro and spent the rest on Christmas.

So, I have transfered automatically into our ING emergency fund $100 since so our balance is now $212.02.

I am writing this post to stay accountable and to pick my sorry self up off the floor and move ahead.

No comments: