Saturday, January 5, 2008

Ham and Pasta

So, I had some baked ham left over from a couple of nights ago. I thought ok, what can I do with it? This is what I ended up doing.

6 cups of rotini pasta, cooked. (I just dumped the pasta in a big pot of boiling water but I think it was 6 cups, maybe a bit more)

1 and a 1/2 cup of cut up cooked ham

2 cans of cream of mushroom soup

1/2 soup can of water

3/4 of a cup of melted cheeze whiz.

Stir first 3 steps together and put in a lightly greased casserole dish. Pour and spread lightly the melted cheeze whiz over pasta mixture.( You could use shredded hard cheese but I am out)

Bake in oven at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes until heated through.

Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if you desire (optional)

Yup, delish,cheap and frugal, gotta love that! :).

3 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

This does look good yeah! I also baked a ham this week, Wednesday I think? Problem is there are no more leftovers after I made a quiche with it on Friday... I saw they were on sale for $0.99/lb, that's not bad, may have to buy one for the freezer.

kbeeps said...

That sounded so good I added it to my list for the week - did you notice? :-)

Heather said...

That isn't a bad price for ham at all, I notice that toupe ham is onsale here again although it is $1.99 lb. We can get 3 meals for a family of 5 out of about 3 pounds by having a couple of casseroles besides the main meal.

Karen, I did notice lol. I am sure you will enjoy this dish :).