Saturday, January 5, 2008

Stocking Up Withdrawl!

Wow oh Wow! what Excellent sales on this week in the grocery flyers. I live in Quebec Canada so some of the stores where I shop are not elsewhere in Canada, at least that I am aware of.

I shop at Maxi,Super C, Metro and IGA. IGA of course is all over Canada.

I dream of having a Years worth of toilet paper, shampoo, toothpaste, peanut butter, and all things which can be stored for that amount of time!

The wheels are turning in my head,dreams of a fully stocked pantry Oh my goodness! It is almost like a child eating candy kind of feeling, although I must admit, I do like my sweets too!

So, we have only yet spent out of our grocery money $19.46 out of a $400 grocery allowance for the month. I am thinking on taking $250 of that and stocking up.We honestly do not get the coupon deals like our friends in the U.S , I would be honestly in stockpile heaven if we did, so I have to work with what we do have.

I think that I will "Go" for it!

I will post pictures after the shopping trip next week,ds has a digetal camera. I have no idea how to use one so I will get him to take them lol.

4 comments:

Canadian Saver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Canadian Saver said...

(Sorry about my other post, I just wanted to edit it... didn't know it would leave proof that I'd deleted it!)

Oh I can't wait to see that picture! I bet $250 buys you a LOT of food and health and beauty aids, as I call paper products and the like.

I think you get better deals in Québec than we do in the Maritimes (I'm in NB). Your poultry is definitely cheaper, as is your produce.

What about your milk? I posted earlier than a 4L of skim milk will cost $6.50... what about there?

Heather said...

I am pretty excited to start stocking up lol. I probably won't go until this upcoming Friday though.

Poultry here can be costly. I usually wait until Thanksgiving when turkey is on sale and buy 3 or 4 of them. I got my last ones for .88 cents a pound. I didn't get a chance to get those ones though until Christmas. Oct I was pretty much pinching our pennies to pay off a couple of debts.

When I do this I have my turkeys for Thanksgiving,Christmas and Easter. Also when I do buy a fourth one I usually cook that up around the month of May so that I can freeze the meat to have durring the hot summer months opposed to having my oven going too much.

Chicken isn't really onsale this week. I have 2 large bags of chicken thighs/back attached which I picked up awhile back for .59 cents a pound I believe it was. In this weeks flyers they are going for .99 cents a pound.

I can't wait for bbq season though lol.

Oh and our milk is $5.35 for 4L of 2%. I will check and see how much the skim milk is on my next outing :)

Canadian Saver said...

I guess our milk prices are the same... The milk marketing board thing must be Canada wide?

Your turkeys are way cheaper, I've never seen them lower than $1.29/lb here and even then, it happens once a year, if at all.

Good luck with your stockpiling!