Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I'm Back..

It stomed last week, so I didn't get any of my stockpile shopping done, rats! The cooking session I did not get completed either as I did not get shopping but I do plan on doing up a few things this weekend.

I did peel my potato last night and have it sitting in a 4 litre ice cream bucket filled with water in my fridge, all I have to do tonight is change the water and dump in my pot to cook it up. Bonus!I think that if I changed my water everyday that the potatoes would be ok for two or three days until I was ready to cook them up, that way I could peel extra on Sunday while I have everything out and we could have them with our Tuesday or Wednesday supper and the other days have suppers with rice,soup,pasta,salad or french fries. My hamburger is thawed and there is about 4 pounds. I am going to make up 2 meatloafs, freeze one and the rest I will make meatballs using the same recipe.I have to freeze the meatloaf cooked as the raw hamburger was already frozen and you don't want to freeze raw meat twice. While the meatloaf is in the oven baking I can cook the meatballs by dropping them into the boiling pot of water, it is quick and easy that way as I mentioned in my last post.

My boss at work yesterday offered me an extra 40 minutes a day at work which I am going to take. I will be working after school from 2:50pm until 3:30pm with the little ones to make sure that they get on the bus ok. This will give me 2 hours and 10 minutes a day @ $16.29 an hour plus they add on vacation pay and a couple of other things onto my pay. Having a planned meal ahead will be an added bonus for most days.I am not sure when I start working the shift after school but I would imagine I will start this upcoming Monday.

If you want to see some great ideas for cooking with pictures from beginning to end recipes please visit The Pioneer Woman Cooks. .

5 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Sounds like you've been busy! I love how organized you are for your cooking sprees... I hate peeling potatoes so I love your idea of peeling that many at once...

Great news about your job!! Extra hours are always welcome :-)

And thanks for that link, it is amazing! Love the step-by-step pics!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Auntie Mandy said...

I love your blog! I haven't read down very far, but do you menu plan? I would be interested to hear how you do, if you do.

Anonymous said...

Hey ... where you been?
Talk to us!!!

Anonymous said...

I was actually just thinking about you the other day, while organizing my Google reader.
How are you, and your family doing?
Hope things are well!
God Bless ...