Thursday, January 3, 2008

January 3rd and already 2 no spend days for Us!

I am still challenging myself on having No Spend Days. I am not going to set a number of days per month but post here each time I do actually have a no spend day to help keep track.

My no spend days will not include days where our "Fixed" bills are paid or when I pay for our hydro,phone,cable and all regular bills.

I will be counting the days I/We spend on gas,groceries,enterainment and anything else which is fair game lol.

The reason I added groceries and gas, even though they are a necessity is because I want to limit my spend days on those for once a week minimum. Dh calls me from work each night to see if I need anything from the grocery store on his way home. I usually can think of something (((sigh))).

It is just too easy to say yes. So, no more calls from dh from work, at least if it has to do with spending money :).

So, 2/31 days so far for the month of January for us with our No Spend Day Challenge.

Oh, I wanted to also add that I personally have not stepped foot in a store since last year! Well, since December 24th anyhow lol. That is 10 days for me, Dh of course has gone twice in the 10 days. Lots of No Spend Days for us!

Ok, Editing to add that dh went to pick up dd 16 just now and came back in from starting the car to let me know that he needs gas! he is right on the line....Who on earth would have thought that at almost 9pm at night we would be spending money???? Soooooooooo Frustrating!

Anyhow, instead of 2/31 no spend days so far it is 1/31. I will win this battle of cutting down our spending days, it is just to "tweak" it I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound totally focused Heather...rock on!!!
Isn't it fun to get motivated towards a goal!!!
Congrats on the no shopping since 12/24/07...good job!!!
Hang in there Heather, we got your back!!!

wealthy_1 said...

Ditto what Dawn said!

You go, Heather!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

Thanks! :)

Yesterday turned out to be a spend day too for Petes Sake. Today or tomorrow will be a no spend day though that is for sure as one of the days I have to pick up a few groceries as dh already has gased up lol.

Next week should be alot easier maybe even a breeze :).

Canadian Saver said...

Heather, thanks for visiting my blog! I followed the link right back here.... wow, I am bookmarking (and will add the link in blog list, once I get that set up).

You are inspiring!