Friday, November 2, 2007

Well, the plan has changed, I don't know what else to do.

We owe our mortgage broker which we had made arrangements with him to pay him the money we owe him after the hotel was paid in full with this move and all. Our mortgage broker is a Great Guy :).

Dh received an email at work yesterday from our broker stating that he has a family emergency and needs his money ASAP. That is $1700. The only thing in which I could think of doing is to call our mortgage company and skip this months mortgage payment which is due on the 6th of November, we also asked them to please change our payment due dates from the 6th to the 1st of each month. We have never done this before with skipping a mortgage payment.

With my paycheque of $300 and dh pay of $900 that will give our mortgage broker $1200 and leave us with a balance of $500 left owing to our broker. We can then pay him off in full out of our next paycheques on the 16th of November.

I just think of the extra interest on the mortgage this is going to cost us in the long haul so I will have to make that up. Once our debt is paid off I want to start plugging away at the mortgage. Even if we put an extra $250 a month onto the principle that would be a start.

Well, I can foresee many more no spend days in our future :).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Heather... gosh, try not to worry about the interest on the mortgage ... sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

kbeeps said...

Making extra principle payments in the future will definitely offset the extra interest you're paying now. I'm just glad you have the money to give him!

Heather said...

Thanks Dawn :), I was just so down about doing this, it felt like actually going backwards. I will feel better once we can start putting extra on the principle.

Karen thanks to you too :) I honestly can't wait until we can offset that extra interest. I am also glad that we had the money to give him.