Saturday, November 17, 2007

Another Debt Bites the Dust!

YAY!!! We paid off our Mortgage broker yesterday. Now we have to pay off the Investment property taxes which should be in a couple of more weeks!

Because we have been going with such intensity on paying down/off our debt we decided to take a break and pay the minimum payment on the credit card until after Christmas. I went out and spent about $150 at once on groceries opposed to dividing it up to $75 a week, I had a blast too!

We have also started to purge through our clutter although my weakness really are books. I have so far 3 boxes to donate to our local library. I have no ornaments or clothes etc to donate to the salvation army as I do not have many. I do not care for ornaments as that means extra time dusting, I only shop for clothes at value village and pick up what I need at walmart for personal items about once a year so I really don't have much in the line of clutter there.

I saw Thursday and Fridays show on Oprah about a lady who hordes and I thank God that I don't have that problem, my heart really broke for her and her family.They did a wonderful service by appearing on Oprah even though it was hard on them. I started thinking of the books which I kept telling myself that I would take over to the library for example.

Monday I have to list 3 things in which I would like for Christmas for our Christmas party at work on December 7th. I can only think of 2 items which I really would like for Christmas gifts and that is a pair of oven mitts or an apron. I honestly cannot think of a third.

Well, it is Saturday night and Dh and I are invited to visit with a lady I work with and her husband. It is his 51st birthday. We even picked up a few beer to take :). They live within walking distance I should add as we do not drink and drive.

Ohhhhhhhh, also, I picked up this past week an extra 9 hours total @ $16.29 an hour. The school board also pays me my vaction pay and a couple of other little things on top of that on my paycheques. I am hoping to pick up some more extra hours next week but we shall see. It is great because I work at the school my 2 dd's go to :).

I am waiting for my contract to be signed, hopefully sooner than later. I love having a job in which when school is out so am I lol, although if I work after school I am sometimes there until 5:15 p.m but still I have my evening,weekends and holidays off. My friend even told me that they thanked her for recommending me as I fit right in and I am such an asset. Ok, I will stop now as my head is going to start swelling any moment lol.

Well, I had better start getting ready for our big outing this evening. Dh and I very rarely go out so I am extra excited :).

Have a Super weekend Everyone!

1 comment:

kbeeps said...

YAY! You're doing so awesome!