Monday, November 19, 2007

I am starting to feel the Freedom!

With our debt being paid off with such intensity I know that it will be a matter of only a few short months until we are yet again debt free except for the mortgage which we will focus on paying that down/off as well.

As long as we have no debt we will be ok. I had posted an Entry not to long ago about a possible job loss for Dh. It was so out of the blue and we would have been in such a mess had this happened with the debt we needed to pay off. I will not be taking this for granted. With dhs military pension and my 80 minutes a day with my job we will be ok should a job loss occur in the future but not for the long haul,and again, we will have to be debt free for that to work.

I have always been one to cook from scratch and I love to bake, I have found a lot of frugal recipe ideas on the internet as well. A great website to visit for Excellent ideas for scratch cooking and emergency menus etc is at Hillbilly Housewife .

We could have taken the easy route and taken equity out of our investment property to pay off our debt however, Dh and I strongly felt that by doing this would only defeat our purpose of getting ahead and being accountable for our mess. I would rather embrace frugal living and pay down our debt by living below our means. Prior to selling our last house we had refinanced and taken out equity. We used most of the money to buy our investment property although other bits of the money just seemed to "dissapear" along the way. Lesson learned there.

We are on the right track, I am so thankful. It is so true when one thinks about how it can take only minutes to go into debt but yet it can take months if not years to pay those few minutes off.

Happy Monday Everyone!

No comments: