Thursday, November 22, 2007

Feeling and looking Great on the Cheap.

First of all, What do you all do to feel and look Great without breaking the bank while paying down debt and living the frugal life? Do you ever feel like you are in a rut? Where do you turn when you want to just give yourself a little boost?

I started shopping in my home first of all. I have had a small bottle of expensive perfume which I received as a Christmas Present about 3 years ago and kept in my dresser drawer, never used. I have always just used the spray cologne.I decided to treat myself and I dabbed a bit of the perfume on my wrists and along my jaw line opposed to behind my ears before going to work yesterday morning and the scent was there all day!

Do you ever do that? Have certain things which were given to you as a gift and for whatever reason you don't even open the box it is in? You maybe set it aside thinking one day maybe? I even have two foot spas! One I took out of the box about 8 months ago to try but for some reason I couldn't figure out how much water to put in it etc lol guess I was in too much of a hurry to take my time back then.....The other has never been opened. So, both have never been used. What a waste! I will be using the one which is already opened this weekend.....the other I will let my teenaged dds use.

I havn't used nail polish since this past summer and decided to use a light shade of my dds.WOW! I feel like a million bucks! I gave myself a manicure to boot, usually I just use the nail clippers and off I go. Oh, and don't forget your toe nails!

I usually only wear mascara when going out, if that. I had some light lipstick and a lip gloss which I had bought last year and had used only once.I felt like my makeup was complete the other day when I started using it again to go to work. You have to be careful with using outdated makeup but my lipstick and gloss were still ok.

Putting aside shopping from home, I went and paid to get my hair cut yesterday before supper. It cost me $16 as I went to a small home business salon. I can cut my own hair but I wanted a few layers added which is hard for me to do as I tend to over extend the layers thus it becomes slightly uneven not to mention that my arms feel like weights while doing this. I asked the stylist for a shampoo and cut, I did not need her to dry it this saved me and extra $2. The last time I went to a hairdresser was about 3 1/2 to 4 years ago so this was truly a treat for me :).

Do You have anything that you could shop for in your home? What do you do on the cheap/frugal for "You"? I would love to know :).

No comments: