Friday, September 21, 2007

What is Really in a Frugal Fridge?

I posted a question on one of my favorite boards asking for ideas. There were some really good ideas there.

In the Complete Tightwad gazette on page 265 a couple of things in which Amy has listed in "The Tightwad Refrigerator" which I hadn't thought of or heard of is Homemade refrigerator dough and yeast. I had never heard of keeping yeast in a refrigerator. Neat idea!

My friends on the message board had some good ideas too. like a refrigerator muffin mix that would be handy too.

I have in my frugal fridge right now, apples,celery,juice,bologna,homemade jam, pickles,pickled beets etc.... I just feel like I am missing something. I usually have a salad made up in a huge bowl for the week to go with suppers,snacking, lunches etc....I don't add cucumber to this bowl however as I find that it will go soggy so it is usually cut up in a small seperate soup bowl to add.

I am still curious on what others keep in their frugal fridge :)!

No comments: