Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Needing to Save on those $.

Well now, I have been doing dishes in a dishwasher for years now. I had always hated doing dishes by hand, I put it right up there with trying to sort out socks in the laundry basket! Well I have seen a new direction and figure if I can save almost $5 for a pack of 3 in 1 dish gels which by the way I was buying every couple of weeks, then doing dishes by hand in the sink is the way to go. It actually hasn't been too badly and instead of having dirty dishes sitting in the dishwasher until I had gotten a full load to start washing, I am finding that there are hardly dirty dishes at all. Weird I know but the key to it is to not have so many dishes lol. When we were getting our house ready to sell I packed up about 1/2 of our dishes and stored them wrapped in boxes in the shed and I guess I had better donate them or have a yard sale as they are still packed and in our shed here and I don't miss them nor want them back!

We are a family of 5 at the moment living here and I have 8 cups, 7 glasses, 8 dinner plates, 8 side plates, 8 saucers and before I do forget 6 tea cups hanging on a rack in my cupboard which were my grandmothers before she passed. This is not bad at all however as it takes no time flat to get everything washed and put away....it doesn't seem to be so overwhelming and a couple of years ago I bought the Corelle plain white dishes so the plates are very thin and it even looks like less dishes to wash lol.

Ok, now lets move on to Cable t.v. We have gone almost 2 weeks without it and I am L-O-V-I-N-G it!! It is so peaceful here. I don't want it but I am out voted in this family which I love so much so I guess all good things must come to an end. I did make a couple of phone calls regarding prices and with bell I can get the whole shabang for $71.99....this is satelite and if I remember correctly you can even pause the pictures etc (Rolling eyes here lol!). I had also called vidiotron and for a really nice package I can get digital cable for $20 taxes included......the savings? $51.99. In other words Videotron won by a long shot and each and every month I will be banking that amount of savings plus the $10 in savings for the dishwashing gel cubes at the beginning of each month for a total so far of $61.99.

Ok so on to the Food Department. I went grocery shopping the other day and bought mostly from the lost leaders in the flyers. I didn't do to badly but I still spent more than I had intended. I really need to figure out a menu for the upcoming weeks. It is way more convienent not to mention when organized it can save money. I do know that we are having a pork tenderloin roast for supper tonight with mashed potato,gravy, and veggies. The first thing I am going to do however is when I take out the roast I will take at least 1/2 and put aside for another meal and freeze it so that way I can keep track. I buy my meats a bit bigger than we will eat at one sitting so that I will have another meal on hand for another day.

Tomorrow I will be making a beef enchilada casserole....matter of fact I will be making two so that I can put one in the freezer for next month.

Well, signing off for now........

No comments: