Friday, September 28, 2007

I am starting a part-time job this Monday

It will be for 1 hour and 20 minutes Monday through Friday watching the grade 4 class at my dds school over their lunch time.My friend works there and recommended me.

It is a 25 to 30 minute walk to the school each way. I can also ride a bike which I have not done in like 27 years lol.I will need to drive however durring the winter months.

I am kind of nervous however, I am not an outdoors person and I don't really have very much experience with other peoples children although I have gone on field trips etc with my children and have had "many" sleep overs lol.

The pay as well is not bad, $16 an hour, although I don't have to work right now at this stage of our life. I am hoping that I will like it there and that the children will like me.

Anyhow, just wanted to share,it was so out of the blue today when I received the phone call.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I myself had the opportunity to do "lunchroom duty" at my children's school. Its a great experience and you will love it!!

Good Luck!

Heather said...

Thanks Lisa :), you are right too, I do love it lol.

The kids are great! I am enjoying the fresh air and have been walking to work...I am really getting into shape lol.