Thursday, September 20, 2007

Cook Once And Eat Twice...

Cook Once And Eat Twice...

I have been cooking once and making enough to start filling my freezer so that we may eat twice. This is an awesome way to save money.

Tuesday I had baked a Roast Pork Tenderloin (bought on sale of course!). As soon as I took it out of the oven the first thing in which I did was to take 1/2 and set aside so that everyone knew this was going to be for another meal. I find that my family, myself included, will get up for a second helping even though we are not really hungry, just because it just well....tastes so good! I have been adding a salad as a side dish. I will be starting to alternate and make soups to freeze as well opposed to salads as an appetizer to give a bit of varity along with homemade breads/rolls on other days.I am also going to start making deserts on a regular basis,this helps to not feel deprived.

This week so far for my freezer I have for meals at another time : pork roast tenderloin, meatballs for another meal, sweet and sour sauce, 1/2 of a homemade apple crisp.

It is a start that is for certain and I used to do this all of the time. I didn't make up a double batch of Beef Enchilada Casserole yet, I am thinking that I will do this next week.

Signing Off....

No comments: