Thursday, September 20, 2007

Homemade White Bread (4 loaves)

I had gotten this recipes Years ago from Dhs Aunt. This recipe is also Great to use for homemade pizza dough!




4 cups warm water

1 cup powdered milk

1/4 cup sugar

2 tbsp yeast

1/2 cup of cooking oil or melted butter/margarine

1 1/2 tbsp. salt

1 egg (optional) I usually make this bread without

10 cups flour ( might need more or less depending on dough texture, if too sticky add more etc...)


In a big bowl put warm water, milk, sugar and yeast, let stand till foamy then add 4 cups flour, salt, egg and oil and stir then add rest of flour and Knead well.


Let rise 1 hour.Punch down dough, Cut into loaves, put in pan and rise for about an hour.

Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.


When I take my bread out of the oven I use wax paper and rub some margarine over the top......this helps to keep the crust soft opposed to having it hard and crusty.

No comments: