Thursday, September 27, 2007

Still Looking for my frugal mixes binder and my morning Routine.

I still have boxes to unpack, the battle is being won however :). I have been focusing on getting our house organized. I actually have a routine falling into place. I need to however get into the habit of making school/work lunches the night before opposed to making them on the mornings they are needed. My weekdays start off like this;

Get up with family,make breakfast,make lunches,make sure everyone hasn't forgotten any papers,homework,lunches etc...,hug/kiss my family as they go out the door for school/work, then it goes like this : (1) do dishes,wipe down table and counters,(2)do a quick sweep of the kitchen floor.(3)Open bedroom curtains and make bed (4) tidy up bathroom.(5) Around 10a.m I go downstairs (basement is finished) and tidy up there, do laundry when needed. I then have some "free" for me time until I start getting after school snacks ready/start preparing supper. I do enjoy baking too so if I need cookies etc, I will just whip them up durring my "me" time. I still need to tweak my routine for in the afternoon but with all chores completed I have a lot more time to go out,go over our finances,bake etc.

I am still washing dishes by hand, Go Me! lol. I find what helps the most is to keep one side of my sink full of hot soapy water, especially while preparing for snacks,suppers and when dh and the kids are home.Durring the weekdays not so much as it is just me home. I just wash and rinse then let the dishes drip dry,as I pass by the sink about 10 minutes or so later I just put them away, I dry any droplets of water still on them of course lol. Anyhow, this has made a Huge impact on how I do dishes and it isn't so overwhelming for me as I no longer think "dishes again?".

So right now it is 9:30a.m and the main floor area/bedroom is clean and tidy for when/if I should have guests. You just never know who will show up.

The house we lived in before buying this one I never really had a cleaning routine.Our house was clean but I didn't seem to start tidying up/cleaning until later in the day as I never went anywhere really or had anyone over for tea etc. Now,because we are in an area where I can actually walk or I should say "want" to walk/visit with a friend or go to the library seems to have motivated me.:).

2 comments:

kbeeps said...

That sounds like a good routine! I should have routines like that, but I'm far too lazy... :-)

Did you find your binder? I bet you're feeling a little lost without it.

Heather said...

This routine actually works great for me at least so far.If I were working right now however I would have to change it for sure.:) ......You are definately not lazy, my goodness, you work so hard full time outside of the home and then you go home and cook/clean etc.

I have about 4 boxes of books yet to go through so I am hoping today or tomorrow I will finally have my frugal mixes binder :) I really am feeling a bit lost without it.