Friday, August 24, 2007

This isn't my first blog, I have failed at many matter of fact....well ok 2 lol. I have blogged about living frugal and living simply. I am actually not to bad with trying to be suzy homemaker, saving money etc..however, I tend to fall off every now and again so, I have decided to start this blog about not keeping up with the Joneses.

I am not one for buying expensive things but like "almost" everyone I do have my weaknesses.My weakness right now would be my children. I will shop at value village while my children do not want to wear second hand clothes. This is fine, we set a budget on x amount of $ and if they want designer clothing they can make up the difference.We have not had a car payment since 2002 and that suits me just fine. Most of our furniture is second hand. We live in a modest bungalow although we just sold this one and will be moving into another bungalow in the next town from here next week.

To save money I : cut my families hair (I cut my own as well)
Have a change jar (we use this for special occassions like eating out once every couple of months)
Pay ourselves first
Cook at home.

Well now, more to follow a bit later, today is dds 16th birthday and we are invited over to our friends for a nice dinner :)

No comments: